Monday, July 13, 2020

INU turned 14.5

Time flied, it really did, I just noticed I haven't been visiting this site for 10 years. Yes, thank God every second, INU has been with us for 14.5 years.

 It took a lot of courage from my already turbulent gut to decide to leave a few words here... A week ago on 7-Jul-2020, it's another regular fine day with aging INU walking around sniffing for food. She took a nap around afternoon, woke up and walked straight to her cage, resting inside for a while. When I noticed her walking out of the case, she was already curling up (in pain) and poo'ed a bit on the floor. I tried to walk her to the park. She walked very slowly (in pain) and refused to walk again while reaching the park. I had to carry her in my arms and walk back home under drizzle.

I took her to the regular vet in the evening. Doctor decided to do an ultrasound scan at her abdomen. I was just sitting at a chair, waiting, and waiting, thinking this could just be another infection. Doctor came down, asking me to follow him into the room. Right at that moment, I could only yell from the bottom of my heart, NO, Please, NO...

INU has a huge splenic mass around 8-10 cm x 7-8 cm, sitting on the left abdomen. The mass is just too big and it may have crossed to the right abdomen, pressing stomach and liver. But she had already done an earlier ultrasound scan 9 months ago, how could this ever happen? What did I miss? What did I do wrong?

INU is such a nice and adorable companion who never asked for more than just food. It has been a horrible one week, for us as human beings, of course. INU has no idea what's going on, absolutely good for her. She just know today she's not feeling very well, she wants to eat something better...

I don't care if the mass is benign or malignant, has it spreaded or not, sending INU through operation to remove spleen at this age is just too cruel. With INU's age, I have been expecting this day to come. I thought I was prepared, I thought I could manage my emotion. When it actually came, HELL NO... I am as vulnerable as those who hear the bad news the vert first time.

By now I only noticed I haven't been taking INU's photo for a long time. I woke up earlier than INU the next morning...

Walking her at the park as usual...

Every day is a blessing with INU...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home